Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Different Faces……… Different Places

‘When in Rome do exactly like Romans do’, have u noticed that v ourselves practice the same from time to time.

As an obedient child, an eager student, an interesting friend, a zealous worker, an avid lover, a faithful companion, a dependable father, a dutiful son & an affectionate grandparent. But what is more concerning to me is that sometimes u get so engrossed in who u r supposed to be, that u stop being u……

Like this Girl I know, her workplace persona is sooo rigid that people tend to be wary of her wrath. Her guard is up at all times, a no-nonsense person, which inevitable tends to having very selective friendships and even paltry relationships. Since I do not work with her so this opinion is solely based on feedback from her colleagues, even so she herself has admitted to striving to maintain this illusion as it works well for her.

The sad part is that is as I got to know her better I realized that this pretentiously monochromatic persona is not who she really is but a far more vibrant & carefree person who wants to live every moment & is quite refreshing. 

You judge a person before knowing them & when u do get to know they surpass all your expectations & teach you to never to judge a book by its cover.

Has anyone surprised u this way?…… ask yourself

3 comments:

Nette said...

Hey-came across your blog and really like! And I know what you mean with judging a book by it's cover. I've run into co-workers outside of work in a social environment and they are completely different. I mean beyond guard being down...I'm like 'Who are you and why can't you be this "real" at work?' Why do some people associate being "stiff" as professional?

Unknown said...

Hey there,I am not a blogger but yours is probably one of the few I have read so far..I hear what you are saying here but often people think its safer to have two different identities.They feel if they are what they are otherwise (which could be kewl,fun,vibrant person)at work too,it will most likely come in their way,people at work mite not take them seriously,walk all over them and most importantly seem "unprofessional" as we all know managers n bosses dont joke...no wonder they r up there & probably followed this attitude...in my opinion however mainatining 2 identities is hell lot of a job:)

Sehar said...

I love the way you end your posts with a question...directing the comments in line.I reached your blog through Advaita Kala site.
I write at http://hellisfull.blogdrive.com
By the way,I have been one such kind of person -very stiff at profession and living life queen size outside.Its just when I realized work takes too much space in my time frame,I started treating work so irreverently :P.This "irreverency' includes everything from playing paper balls and boat rowing with your chair ..unless ofcourse the boss is not watching(which cannot be true ..boss is always watching you when you are not working)Somehow,I just manage to walk this fine line where I don't have to compromise with my work.
~Deeksha