Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Measure of Love


It was my Brother’s Anniversary today & being the close knit family we are, I felt best wishes were in order:

Me: “Morning Bro, congrats on surviving another year (in your wedding Prison).”

Bro: “Thanks Brother, but don’t tell her (my sis-in-law) otherwise she might remember it too.”

Me: “What??? Did u not surprise her with a expensive gift early in the morning?”

Bro: “hey it’s my anniversary too; do you think I will get anything?”

Me: “Hey the most you can expect is that she let you sleep in the same room tonight if you behave yourself, but consider the consequences if you mess this up. You will have to suffer the repercussions for the rest of the Decade.”

Bro: “Damn!!! I never knew Love & Happiness was going to be so expensive year after year,”

Why is it Men never learn that it is a fact that the more expensive a gift is shows how much of your life’s hard earned money you committing for her happiness & prestige. The more you spend the more you have committed for her special day.

Regardless I have noticed this that many women want their men to show their affection in different ways; for some the measure is the latest Louis Vittion Handbag, for some Diamonds are their best friends, for some it’s the time a lavish dinner celebration with all family & friends, a vacation to a place she really wanted to visit, to pick a few……

Think about it what is your measure?……

8 comments:

Christine said...

Well, to be honest … it is not what he may or may not buy, or even the amount. I actually just want time with him on ‘our’ special day. I spend many hours in preparation of ‘our’ day, only to be told that we will be working instead …poof…gone! I even suggested that a pretty flower that was picked from the ground would be lovely. Any kind of effort of thankfulness and/or love ……

And it seems, that I am not even worthy of that…………………

Nette said...

Hmmm...I'd have to say if it's a "big anniversary" maybe something nice is in order to mark the occasion. It doesn't have to be expensive, but well thought out. For example, a really nice dinner where he thought to make the reservations in advance and just told me what time to be ready. And if he's going to give me anything make it thoughtful. Like a handwritten card for me goes a lot further than a store bought one with someone else's words. If you buy jewelry, make sure it's my taste. Don't buy me some gawd awful piece just because it has diamonds in it.

Amrita said...

"Why is it Men never learn that it is a fact that the more expensive a gift is shows how much of your life’s hard earned money you committing for her happiness & prestige. The more you spend the more you have committed for her special day." this is an interesting observation..atleast this is the first time i have heard someone to state the fact so straight forwardly....

meanwhile thanks for visiting and posting on my blog..

Anonymous said...

cynic in so young ..hmmm.... :))

Tk care ~~

yolanda said...

i personally disagree. the most expensive gifts i have gotten have meant very little in comparison to handmade cards. ive got enough 'stuff' - all i need is something genuinely thoughtful. :-D

Upkaran said...

Glad to see the coconscious around here is that not all gifts have to be expensive but they have to be thoughtful & from the heart.

As we approach the festive season when buying gifts for all is a main concern this theory will be put to the test yet again.

As for now I believe the most beautiful & underrated gift of all time is the (((HUG)))… try giving one & c how good it feels… lol 2 all

~nm said...

he should just remember it and do soemthing different on that day. And when I say different I definitely do not mean climbing to the moon LD

Different means do something that we do every day. Maybe take an off, go for a movie..eat good food and that's about it :)

I'm not too much into gifting and neither is my hubby.

Swati said...

I don't aggree , I never expected a expensive gift from husband on any of our special days. I am happy if he gets me a rose ! I am happy if he just tells me that he cherishes this relationship or if he writes me a sweet email. You know what I mean ...its men's perception that women want expensive gifts ..they just want their men to be thoughtful about them.